Who Took the Book?
Bright, colorful photos support decodable text, guiding beginning readers to identify, recognize, and use the short /oo/ sound. Featuring high-frequency words, this authentic nonfiction text also gives emerging readers the opportunity to read for information while reinforcing basic phonemic sounds. This book introduces readers to a narrator who is looking all over for their favorite book. This nonfiction phonics title is paired with the fiction phonics title Brooke Can Cook: Practicing the Short OO Sound.
The instructional guide on the inside front and back covers provides:
* Word List with carefully selected grade-appropriate words featuring the short /oo/ sound found in the text
* Teacher Talk that assists instructors in introducing the short /oo/ sound
* Group Activity that guides students to identify the short /oo/ sound, decode the words that contain it, and use the words
* Extended Activity that provides students with additional opportunities to think about, list, and use words containing the short /oo/ sound
* Writing Activity that guides students to write the letters that make the short /oo/ sound